Again, I got this dress for $1.00. The zipper was not sewn in. It did have a zipper attached to the dress however, I discovered that the zipper was not usable. Luckily, I happen to have a stash of zippers.
For this dress, I unpicked the waist line partially. Then I created those Cinderella poofs on the sides out of a blue chiffon fabric. I place a netting inside of the blue chiffon to help it keep its poofy shape.
After basting the poofs in I reattached the skirt to the bodice.
I think this is her favorite dress so far. I have just one more to make!



3 comments:
I saw a dress that was very similar to this white one at a yard sale today and I thought of your post. I was going to buy it and transform it- but the wanted $20!!
My goodness woman! I just got caught up on your crafting. You are so awesome! I wish I was a little girl so I could wear one of your amazing creations. You've come a long way since my blue dress. :) Love you!
dang, you are good!
Post a Comment