Friday, May 20, 2011

Craft Stores

I live in a smaller town but we do have Michael's and Beverly's for craft items plus a fabric store called Betty's. There is not one single scrapbook store but you can find most items that are needed at the craft store. But today we got Jo-Ann Fabrics! I was pretty excited because it is the closest craft store to my house. This is important when you need something 10 minutes before the store closes for something that is due the next day before the store opens.

Jo-Ann Fabrics also has an app for iPhones so you don't have to clip coupons. That was fun to use today! I took a little cash and a paper coupon for my daughter to use. She loves to pick out her own craft project.

She fell in love with the birdhouses. She picked one out for $1.00 and another for $7.00 plus a dowel to put them out so they could stand up in the garden. She used her 40% off coupon and was out the door at $7.16. I had to give her the 16 cents.

As soon as we got home she immediately picked out paints and set to work.


I have been saving several gift cards to purchase a dress form. My mom had one years ago that she passed on to me and we wore it out. Now that I'm sewing again I have been dreaming of buying one. I bought the Dritz "My Double" that was regularly $219.00. I used a 50% off coupon plus several gift cards and she came to less than $40.00. WooHoo!

My 21-month old decided to tackle her as I was putting her together. He didn't seem to bother her once she was up on her stand. Now what should I call her because "Dummy" just doesn't seem nice?

2 comments:

Carianne said...

Lola???? Hahaha

Anonymous said...

How about D.D. (Dress Dummy)