Saturday, January 21, 2012

Super Hero Baby Shower

My friends and I put together a Super Hero baby shower for our friend Shannon. She has three girls and found out that her fourth is a boy! Very exciting.

Our next plan was to use decor at the shower that could be used in her nursery. We crossed our fingers that she would like this plan because it was all a huge surprise.

I made a quilt and told her that if she would like I would make a bumper to match. Their last name starts with 'Z'.



I used black piping to outline the Super Z.


The back has a vintage Captain America comic book print I found at JoAnn's.


Her sister-in-law created the burp cloths and cutest shirts with super hero graphics. Another friend mod podge the wooden letters. There were enough letters to create two different names depending on what she chooses. During the shower every time some said "name" we would change the letters.

Another friend took the storage cubes and created super hero graphics for the fronts. Perfect for all those action hero toys that will be throughout her house soon.


Then there was the food! Thank you Cricut for helping to create these food tags on the mini pancake stacks.


And again, the Cricut cake was used to make the Captain America cupcake toppers.


Another friend made the mini cinnamon rolls. So yummy. I believe that she used the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls but then put them in a mini muffin tin to cook. Another friend made fresh granola that topped raspberry yogurt and she also created french toast kabobs with fresh fruit and two different syrup choices.



I stood near this quiche stand during the party. So good.


And the panels, painted by Samara, up on my wall.


Do you see that smile below? That is one happy mama! We love you Shannon and are so excited that we get to meet and hold your baby boy soon.


1 comment:

Carianne said...

I want to have a baby shower just so you will throw me an amazing party. It turned out so dang cute!