Friday, January 20, 2012

Super Hero Wall Art

Here are the panels that were created for our friend Shannon's baby shower. We decided to use decor for the shower that she could use in her nursery.

To create the panels I picked up 2' x 4' MDF panels that were about a 1/4" thick and 1" x 2" x 8' pieces of wood to nail to the back.

I cut the panel in half so that it was square.


Nailed the 1x2"s to the back. This gave me something to nail the hooks into.


Then they were primed. If I did them again I would not use a spray paint primer. I did not like the coverage. Also, be prepared to sand after priming as it can raise the wood grain.


At this point I passed them off to my super talented friend Samara. She found some inspiration on Pinterest and got to work.


Love these panels!

No comments: