Baby bedding
Today I dusted off my machines.
Jenny G. took me to the DownEast clearance stores. I found a Pottery Barn twin white sheet with red stars for less than 10 bucks. I turned it into a crib sheet using Dana's crib sheet tutorial. It is super easy-you should try it! I have some leftover and I might make a bumper or a pillow. I haven't decided.
At another DownEast store I found a toddler duvet that was red with white stars for 5 bucks. I just needed to make an insert. I used knit fabric and batting I already had on hand. I'm so glad to put my stash to use.
I used Ty's crib skirt which matches the red nicely and I do not have to do any painting. The skirt could use a little pressing but I probably won't worry about that.
Baby girl won't actually use this crib for a few months but it is nice to cross it off my list. I also made closet dividers for her clothes by size. I still have lots of washing to do before she gets here but the kids room is getting a little more organized each day.




No comments:
Post a Comment