Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sewing for Tim Holtz

Sewing for Tim Holtz

I love to sew.  Recently my friend Paula Cheney asked if I would sew a few pieces for Spring Quilt Market 2015 in Minneapolis for Tim Holtz.  I was over the moon!  
Of course I will sew for Tim Holtz!!! 

She sent me a few pictures for inspiration, I found several patterns, and Paula helped me narrow down the dress choices.  After she brought over the fabric I got right to work. 



I don't think they used the pajama pants in their booth.  There are tons of fabulous pieces in their booth.  

But hanging up right next to a beautiful quilt in their booth is the toddler dress I sewed.  I loved this fabric.  I tried really hard to place my pattern pieces in just the right spots so that you would get a good chunk of butterflies.




So for one weekend I felt like a celebrity as Paula posted this dress on her Instagram page during the quilt show.  It was fun to read comments from complete strangers.  I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get to sew for Tim Holtz again for his future shows. Be sure to check out my dress in their booth!

No comments: