Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crossover Pinafore

I saw the cutest little girls outfit on Smashed Peas and Carrots. So I pinned it on Pinterest. Then Cousin Jamie told me that if she has a girl she wants me to make her one. Well lucky Jamie and me because Maggie offers a free pattern!

I thought I should try it out before I make her a few (if she finds out she is having a girl).

I dug through my scraps of fabric and managed to find some black and white polka dot fabric. I wanted to line it with a cute hot pink fabric but didn't have any on hand. I did have a grey and made do. Julia helped me pick out the red buttons.


Excuse the picture on it's side.
I know that I imported it right-side up.



This was the easiest little outfit to sew! For the bloomers I used the diaper cover tutorial by Dana at Made. She also had a free pattern!

Thank you Maggie and Dana for an easy night of sewing. Now I'm crossing my fingers for Jamie or maybe Emily, Jenny, Stephanie, Shannon....... My list of preggers is pretty long this year.

3 comments:

Meaghann said...

THose are super cute! you are very talented!! you make it look "Sew" easy! One of these days I am totally going to come and take a course in sewing from you!

Jamie Pearson said...

Sweet I love it. We find out what we are having on Oct 14th. I'm still bummed i didn't get to see you while in CA.

thechristensens said...

Um...I just had a girl...;-)

{I love this blog, btw...you do cute things.}