I saw a cute skirt on Little Birdie Secrets that she found a tutorial for on Altered Cloth. But instead of making it for myself I decided to make one for Julia out of the $1/yard ruffle fabric.
I followed the tutorial and adjusted the size to fit my daughter. I also didn't make the skirt as full. I originally planned to make it really full but then changed my mind as I was sewing the skirt. It was an easy sew and I finished it in just over an hour. In fact I was able to make two skirts in about an hour and a half.
Remember how I said I changed my mind about the fullness of the skirt? Well using the fabric that I cut off I was able to make another skirt. This skirt is slightly fuller and twirls a bit better.
Skirt B
Julia liked Skirt A the best and we happen to know a little girl who loves to wear skirts everyday that we can give Skirt B. Not to shabby for about 50 cents worth of fabric!
I have a little more of this ruffle fabric left to experiment with.








4 comments:
what a deal!! That is a great skirt. V and Co just featured ruffle fabric on her blog and made a cute skirt. Her link to buy it was like $10 yard.
Holly-I love that skirt on V and Co. After buying my dollar ruffle fabric I splurged and bought a cream tiny ruffle fabric to make Julia a dress. Now I just need to actually make the dress. I'd also like to make a pair of those ruffle diaper covers that I saw on Make It and Love It.
Thank you Holly! I bet E would love one!
that is super cute! love that fabric how cool that you don't have to sew the ruffles on!
Love the pants too!
Post a Comment