Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby Shower

My friends and I had the best time throwing a shower for our friend who didn't really want a shower. Ha! Something about it's a third baby and she doesn't like to be the center of attention...... Well we ignored her and had a party anyway. :)

My friend Kandie does the most amazing Spencerian Script. In fact, I already hired her services for my daughters wedding.......in at least 16 years! Shop early and you get the best discounts right?
Hand addressed envelopes
Please ignore that I have smeared out my address.
The invitation. It looks digital but it really was done with actual paper. We included the buttons on the inside of the invitation as well.

Our friend was not looking forward to opening gifts in front of everyone. In fact she said no gifts. Sorry lady! I had been collecting stuff before she laid down this rule. We did tell her that we would not have her open gifts. But how do you tell people to not wrap their gifts without it sounding ordinary.

We inserted this little card into the envelopes.
Then we had clotheslines set up and pre-made tags for everyone. All they had to do was put their name on a tag and attach it to their gift when they arrived. We loved it! It was fun to walk around and touch/see all the gifts without having to pass them around. It also helped out our decor! I wish I had a pic of the little socks on the clothesline. Too cute! There was even a PJ outfit for mama to wear.
The bib and burp cloth set on the right in the picture above were made out of men's polo shirts. They were backed with fusible interfacing and flannel to give them more body. Samara did a great job on those.

I love these pom-poms. My friend Kristyn created these based on tutorials in blogland. She also set up the cutest small tables around the room for people to place their drinks and plates. The small tables were children's tables that we collected from all of us gals, were draped with fabric, and had a beautiful flowers on each one.
Becky created these cupcakes which I think were actually brownies filled with caramel. Heavenly! Notice the pacifier? She does this for fun!!!
The food! Shannon, Samara, Kandie, and Rebecca put together all this wonderful food! We had a brunch theme. Our shower started at 10am.
(I hope I didn't leave anyone out of the food credits.)
These fruit kabobs were not only great eye candy but the were scrumptious. Our friend Rebecca has a great idea for arrangements.
The favors: Fortune cookies with the most adorable fortunes inside. Baby R will love to surf, Baby R will get a full scholarship, Baby R will......etc. These cookies tasted better than the ones you get after dinner. Kristyn, I would love your recipe please!
The best part of the party was just getting to hang out together before she is a very busy and sleep lady soon.

1 comment:

Holly said...

This is great idea! Thanks for sharing it. My SIL was just asking me for baby shower ideas and I'm going to show her this.