Sunday, February 20, 2011

What's cooking?

One of my former HS students is getting married! She loves black, white, and yellow. She really likes zebra print but I couldn't find any zebra print fabric at our local Beverly's. It is undergoing a remodel so the whole place is a mess. I did find this super cute black and white print of electric beaters!

Her gift: An apron and 2 matching kitchen towels, a few of my favorite recipes, and a gift card that I'll be slipping into the pocket of the apron.
I simply used an apron I have as a pattern. I used bias tape for the splash of yellow. I also added a loop onto the front of the apron so she could hang a towel from her apron. I wish mine had a loop.
She can hardly wait to call herself Mrs. Wood so I had to add her future name to her apron.
Here's to years of happiness and yummy brownies Mr. and Mrs. Wood!

2 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

Perfect gift! She'll love it.

Michelle said...

This is wonderful. It is so fun to see the aprons make a come back!! I remember my grandmother wearing them in the kitchen.