This was the first skirt I made. I didn't exactly follow the instructions in the tutorial and had to fix a few things later. But it still turned out great. I also added a lining to the skirt because the black fabric I bought was practically sheer. Note to self......don't always go for the cheapest fabric! I was able to make both skirts for under $10. I think I could make them for even cheaper if I saved my coupons and bought just a little less material. I had some material leftover. Almost enough to make two more skirts.

This is the second skirt I made. So much easier the second time because I knew what mistakes to avoid. :) By the way, it is always a good idea to read a tutorial a few times through before beginning. I am notorious for reading a tutorial once and thinking that I totally got it just to find out later than I should have read it two more times to get the details.

I am so happy with how they turned out. I have two little girls, that really aren't so little anymore, that I can't wait to make these for! Thank you Shelley for a great tutorial!!

This is the second skirt I made. So much easier the second time because I knew what mistakes to avoid. :) By the way, it is always a good idea to read a tutorial a few times through before beginning. I am notorious for reading a tutorial once and thinking that I totally got it just to find out later than I should have read it two more times to get the details. Below you can see the lining.
3 comments:
Super, Super Cute! Let me know when you are going them again, I want to learn! You really are amazing...I want to be like you :-)
Those are really good! I like them!
Those are so cute! I need to come take a class from you ;)
Post a Comment