Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Craft Room

This is what the room looked like before we bought the house.
The first thing I did was remove the carpet and install laminate wood flooring. I didn't want to lose pins in the carpet or worry about my daughter getting paint on the floor. I also chose an inexpensive floor so I wouldn't also worry about constantly keeping it spotless.

Before
The walls are a bluish/purple depending on the lighting in the room.
After I crammed all my stuff in. It was hard to unload my stuff into such a clean room. But at least when it gets messy I know it is being used. This is probably the most clean it will be all year. I just finished going through all my stuff to declutter and reorganize. I wish I would have taken a pic of the after Christmas mess in this room.

After

Before
After
Most of the cubbies and drawers are labeled. Not really for me but for when friends come over. Then they don't have to ask me where anything is located.
I just put shelves in this closet! So excited! Who knew shelving could be so exciting. I had been storing my fabric in bins and it just wasn't working. I also moved some craft stuff that I don't use very often to the top of the closet.
Before
After
I'm short so the cork board above the desk had to be moved behind my chair so that I could reach it more easily. I love being able to have my machines out ALL THE TIME! Even if I scrapbook they can stay out because of the table in the center of the room. That table has folding legs and can easily be moved if needed.
Before
After
I needed to include a space for my daughter because I knew that she would not let me be in here by myself. My hubby also put in a TV for me so I can watch my most favorite channels....HGTV, FOOD Network, and Nick Jr.

Before
After
In my previous life I was a band director. This is my office area for not only printing pics but where I use Finale on occasion, keep my instruments that I currently use (under the desk), and store office supply type stuff that I love to buy.
All furniture items were purchased at IKEA with the exception of the 8 foot table top (Home Depot). I love IKEA and I'm very sad that the closest one to me is 3 hours away! Probably better for my pocket book that way.

2 comments:

Little Lovables said...

wow, amazing work space!!

JOY said...

WoW! What a dream room! Love it to pieces!!!