Thank you Ashley from Make It and Love It for this tutorial!!!!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Kid's Papasan Chair
While browsing one of my favorite blogs, Make It and Love It, I saw how she had made a totally new seat for a kid's papasan chair. I have always wanted to get Julia a little chair to put in her room for reading. But never did I expect to find a chair just like the one on Ashley's blog. She had a great tutorial on how to do this project as well so I just had to follow along.



The best part about this project was that it didn't cost me a dime. I would have loved to bind it with a contrasting color but I was trying really hard to just use what I had on hand already. I found the chair at our ward's FreeCycle event. My husband and a few of the other men couldn't believe I was taking this chair home. But I accepted their challenge.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love that chair so much and it matches her curtains! :-) You are so clever...I could just see you luggin' that thing home from the rummage sale! WAY TO GO!
Ha! That thing was as nasty as mine was. And I think the lady at the thrift store thought I was crazy too!! Atta girl.....way to have a vision! And I love that you painted it. Looks tons better all painted. Okay, and her whole bedroom set is beautiful. Good for you! Anyway, thanks for the link!
Ashley
Nice work, Jen! Dallan says to tell you he is very impressed!
Nice job Jennifer. I am totally impressed that you made it look so good AND did that so fast. We should have some crafternoons at your house.
Great job, Jen! It is perfect!
How did I not know about this blog?? Where have I been. Super cute idea and i love it when i find great easy ideas on blogs. Thanks for sharing
Very Very bad that I found your blog and you have so many great links. Now I want to do lots more but man I just don't have the time right now. Once again thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment