In Microsoft Word I used the Avery 8371 template. Then in Photoshop I created a blank document that is 3.5"wide x 2" high. In photoshop I created one card such as a Kitchen Card. I saved the card as both a .png and .jpg file. Then when I wanted to create the next card I could just reuse the .png file and rename it before saving. Once you have a saved .jpg you can insert the photo into your Word document. Like I said, this took me most of my morning. But I'm hoping this will help the kids and me be on the same page.
Here are a sample of the cards I created. Again, I got this idea from The Idea Room so be sure to check out the site for the original.
This is a personal chore card. Along the side I put the child's name. This is a blank ready to fill in with any child's name. In theory, the child would have to finish all their chore cards before being able to play with friends, play video games/computer time, etc.
This is a family card. These cards can be doled out to whichever child on any particular day.
On some of the cards it might include vacuuming, mopping or sweeping. My kids are 3 1/2 and 6 1/2. these activities might be to hard for them just yet so I'll let them try each time and if it doesn't work out I will gladly step in and help.


No comments:
Post a Comment