Thursday, November 17, 2011

Julia's First Blanket

My daughter is usually creating up some sort of mess in the craft room while I'm creating my own mess. While browsing Jo-Ann's together we spotted some cute bone and paw print fabric that would be perfect for a blanket for our new puppy.

I cut the fabric out for her and then set her on my lap. My machine, a Babylock Sophia, has a speed control and a start/stop button. You do not always have to use the foot pedal. This is perfect for teaching my 5 year old the basics of sewing a straight line.

Of course, part way through she starts saying "This is taking hours!" Well, it seems like it when you have your speed on the lowest setting. She already wants to speed through things just like her mama did. I know I drove my mother crazy with wanting to cut corners.


Her blanket is cotton on one side and fleece on the other.


Charlie seems to like his new blanket.


No comments: