Thursday, December 2, 2010

Coffee Filter Foof

I saw the Coffee Filter Foof on the website Jones Design Company. If you are not following her blog you should. I love the clean lines/simplicity of her designs. Well back to the Foof. I decided I wanted to try and make one.

I had a little trouble with the hot glue. My coffee filters were not staying on. Looking back at the tutorial pictures I wonder if I didn't cut enough of the tip off.

So instead I used both hot glue and straight pins. Once I started using the pins I had better luck. See the little grey dots?
Julia helped me fold the coffee filters for this project. When she got bored I showed her how to cut out snowflakes from the coffee filters.

I also cheated a little and did not fill the entire styrofoam ball. See below. I used liquid nails to adhere my hook. I'm hoping it will hold up.
She probably still needs a little sculpting but I can't wait to hang it up in Julia's room. I might even make a few more in different sizes. This one took me probably 200 coffee filters and two nap sessions.
Thank you Emily for the tutorial!

2 comments:

Meaghann said...

love it!!!

thechristensens said...

I do love it! I saw a tutorial for them a while ago, but didn't remember where. I've been scouring the internet looking for it! I'm so glad you made them. But, I'm not so glad that it takes so long! Dangit. Maybe we should have a foof making party??