Last year I did not have the right color thread to sew the number to the shirt. I simply used puff paint. It was also the wrong shade so I sprinkled some glitter over the puff paint that matched the fabric and hid the paint. This year I used a blanket stitch in a matching color.Monday, June 21, 2010
Birthday Shirt
I got this idea from my friend Missy who creates the cutest little birthday shirts for her daughters. I use Wonder Under to fuse the number to the fabric. I used my Cricut to cut out the number this year but in the past I have simply printed out a large number through Word to use as a stencil.
Last year I did not have the right color thread to sew the number to the shirt. I simply used puff paint. It was also the wrong shade so I sprinkled some glitter over the puff paint that matched the fabric and hid the paint. This year I used a blanket stitch in a matching color.
If your child only wears it a few times you can probably get away with out the extra sewing or puff paint. I did notice that last years shirt did start to come apart after many washings.
Last year I did not have the right color thread to sew the number to the shirt. I simply used puff paint. It was also the wrong shade so I sprinkled some glitter over the puff paint that matched the fabric and hid the paint. This year I used a blanket stitch in a matching color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Super cute as always. Does that mean Julia's birthday is here already? Tell her Happy Birthday from us on the big day. Good luck with the activity tonight. Wish we were there!
I love the blanket stitch on that. You are so clever.
Post a Comment